Tuesday, July 22, 2008

marks of motherhood

I will spare you pictures of this post and you'll soon find out why. I guess I have officially been inducted into the realm of motherhood. I have stretch marks! They are little, but they are everywhere. Yikes! I'm starting to get more uncomfortable and I'm starting to get sick to my stomach again. My dad advised that women have to get to a point where they are uncomfortable and WANT that baby out of them or they could be pregnant for a lot longer than is necessary. Yeah, whatever.

A man's wife brought in her 3 day old son into the office yesterday. He was so teeny! That is, if you can call 8 pounds teeny. I looked at him for a while and then promptly left. I'm excited, nervous and scared to become a mom, to be responsible to this little human for the rest of my life, to teach him about being a gentleman, to teach him about the gospel ... Needless to say, the responsibility of being a parent is a bit overwhelming to me.

3 comments:

  1. Just try not to think about how overwhelming it is. Besides, you get used to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember one thing...at least they don't come as teenagers! You guys will be great parents! We are excited for you!

    Ilene and Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber you will be a great mom. This little boy is very lucky to have you and Joe for parents.

    ReplyDelete