I asked this same question to Joe one night. It intrigued him so much that he grabbed his palm and quickly found how many people voted for prop 8 and how many members there are in California. Over 6 million people voted in favor of proposition 8 and there are over 750,000 members in California (keep in mind this number includes 8 year olds).
The above statistic isn't necessarily why I support prop 8, but it gives them a broader idea of how small a number 750,000 is compared to 6 million! That is 6,000,000 vs. 750,000! I would probably give them this statistic and bear my testimony. Hopefully one or the other would shut them up and hamper additional attacks on Latter-day Saints.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThat is a very good answer.
ReplyDeleteI would probably say something along the lines of that marriage was arranged as a union between a man and a woman in order to have children. I don't care if same-sex couples have hospital visitation rights and all that sort of thing. That's fine with me. But children deserve a mom and a dad. Not a dad and dad. Plus it is just plain icky.
Also, I love that "beer me" pic. So cute!
ReplyDeleteWell I for one have some gay friends and it is not easy for them or for people who believe it is okay to see things your way. I also think that it is great that you would say it is between man and woman and then bear testimony... granted hopefully they are still listening to you:) I totally think that is all you can do and that's what I have done. At least they know where you stand and that you don't hate them, just the lifestyle... like smoking:)
ReplyDeleteha...just found you from nick's blog. if you go private, invite me: triplej2676 AT gmail DOT com.
ReplyDeletecorban is CUTE!