Friday, November 7, 2008

weight loss

You may or may not know this, but I gained 58 pounds during my pregnancy. I was fortunate enough to loose 38 of those pounds at delivery, but I have 20 pounds to go to get to my prepregnancy weight and an additional 10 to get to my optimal weight.

I'm confessing this in the hopes that y'all wil keep me honest in my newly started weight loss program. I only weigh myself every Monday morning, so I don't know how much weight I've lost (if any), but my wedding ring fits more normally; I can actually move it around my finger without fearing that my finger is going to explode!

Anyhoo ... wish me luck. And if any of y'all want to go to water aerobics Thursday night around 8:00 p.m. at the SVHS swimming pool, let me know. I need a swimming buddy.

4 comments:

  1. I need a swimming buddy too. I still have 20 pounds to lose and I gave birth a year ago. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, if only we were still in Utah!!! I talked to John, I don't know how many times about this kind of thing!!!! Well, I do believe I gained 50 lbs or so with Taylor. I know how you feel ... but I'm not quite sure how it all happened or where it came from .. nothing I did for sure. :)
    I will keep you honest, if you keep me honest! I try to walk on the treadmill every night, but sometimes it doesn't get done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a hole in one. I cut out a big #1 and then cut a hole in the middle of it, put it on my shirt."hole in one" get it you cant tell that I had it on because I was holding baby Jacob. We need to go to the gym together if you move over here closer or walk or something cuz I still need to lose so to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could be your swimming buddy. i guess the commute wouldn't be too long. Good luck. You got to love baby weight. Too bad it doesn't all magically disappear after delivery. Just remember it took 9 months to gain it, you can take 9 months to take it off.

    ReplyDelete