Going into labor and having a baby is becoming more and more of a reality to me. What kinds of things did you pack in your hospital bags? What did you wish you had brought but didn't think about?
Chapstick (your lips get incredibly dry after all that panting and pushing), shampoo (cause it feels so good after all the sweating), and socks (my feet were always freezing). I also took a really comfy pair of boy sweats. It felt so good to take off the hospital gown and put those on.
Long lost roommate alert! We just had our baby 6 mos ago. Defenitely take something your comfortable in. The hospital gown gets old. A nice nightgown or robe. Don't take jeans to go home in, dress really comfortable!
the most important thing to have is chocolate! They only feed you 3 meals a day but I was still hungry, after all that work, you need chocolate. An outfit for the baby one really tiny and one tiny since you have no idea what size he will be and like everyone else said something comfortable to come home it sweats are the best! Happy pushing Bambi
We made a bunch of music CDs. I made ones that had fast music and one with slow calming music. But the one I was really glad I had was the one I listen to most often at home. I say take what you already love.
A portable dvd player and movies. Sometimes there just isn't a lot on TV, and they didn't have a dvd player in our delivery room and I was there for a long time. You need to keep your mind on something besides your excitment.
shower necessities, camera charger, comfy clothes, and your own underwear. the mesh ones at the hospital work fine and all but boy are they scary looking! and make sure you take the laxatives they will offer you, trust me, you will want and need them.
good luck! i'm so excited for you guys! nothing compares to this experience so soak it all in!
A robe, you got to love the "nursing" gowns. They have a few extra holes in places you don't want exposed. Candy!!!
ReplyDeleteChapstick (your lips get incredibly dry after all that panting and pushing), shampoo (cause it feels so good after all the sweating), and socks (my feet were always freezing). I also took a really comfy pair of boy sweats. It felt so good to take off the hospital gown and put those on.
ReplyDeleteHey Amber,
ReplyDeleteLong lost roommate alert! We just had our baby 6 mos ago. Defenitely take something your comfortable in. The hospital gown gets old. A nice nightgown or robe. Don't take jeans to go home in, dress really comfortable!
amber check out preggot.blogspot.com - she just did a post about that.. there might be a few ideas there!!
ReplyDeletethe most important thing to have is chocolate! They only feed you 3 meals a day but I was still hungry, after all that work, you need chocolate. An outfit for the baby one really tiny and one tiny since you have no idea what size he will be and like everyone else said something comfortable to come home it sweats are the best! Happy pushing Bambi
ReplyDeleteWe made a bunch of music CDs. I made ones that had fast music and one with slow calming music. But the one I was really glad I had was the one I listen to most often at home. I say take what you already love.
ReplyDeleteA portable dvd player and movies. Sometimes there just isn't a lot on TV, and they didn't have a dvd player in our delivery room and I was there for a long time. You need to keep your mind on something besides your excitment.
ReplyDeleteshower necessities, camera charger, comfy clothes, and your own underwear. the mesh ones at the hospital work fine and all but boy are they scary looking! and make sure you take the laxatives they will offer you, trust me, you will want and need them.
ReplyDeletegood luck! i'm so excited for you guys! nothing compares to this experience so soak it all in!