Saturday, February 2, 2013

book review: To Honor and Trust

I am a book reviewer for Bethany House publishers. It isn't paid but you do get free books! I got my first book just yesterday. I give "To Honor and Trust" by Tracie Peterson and Judith Miller 4 out of 5 stars.

I picked up the book a little skeptical, after all, this was THE very first Christian novel I have ever read, and was surprisingly entertained. "To Honor and Trust" is basically a softer version of "Dirty Dancing": set in a resort for the upper class to spend their vacation; a lower class works hard to support said upper-class including activities such as golf, tennis, and entertainment; lower and upper class mix in a fun/forbidden romance; mystery and intrigue abound with supporting characters; and insert a few crisis' for the main characters. Toward the end of the book, I kept waiting for someone to say, "No one keeps Callie in a corner. No one."!

Some of the characters weren't defined well enough and I had a hard time keeping some of the minor characters straight. It was a fun, easy, quick read. "To Honor and Trust" is full of romance, intrigue, sport, and mystery.


No comments:

Post a Comment