Sunday, January 11, 2009

sad news

We found out a couple of days ago that my sister has breast cancer. We had a family fast for her today and she is going into surgery tomorrow and starting chemo next month. If you wouldn't mind, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

This whole experience has been a bit surreal, kind of like walking in a weird dream. I never ever imagined that this could happen to someone in my family. From experiences that have happened to other family members, and the love we have for each other, I know that she will have SO much support and love from all of us. Another sister told her kids about the news and told them that they were fasting. They all whole heartedly agreed that they like Vickie, they wanted to fast too! It's a bit humbling that these kind of experience bring us closer together, but I wouldn't trade all the experiences in the world for the family that I have. I love them all so much.

2 comments:

  1. My mom talked to your dad, and it is so good to hear that she went through the surgery well. Please let her know that she including her family are in our thoughts and prayers. cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry. My mom has also undergone surgeries and family fasts are tremendous! Every prayer helps, so we'll put hers in ours, too.

    ReplyDelete