Thursday, January 2, 2014

Book Review: Chasing Hope


PG

I really really really enjoyed this book! I've been sick with this pregnancy and haven't read a book in about 10 weeks. I sat down tonight and finished the entire thing!

Sabrina Rice is a talented runner and Olympic hopeful when she's diagnosed with a life changing disease. She quits running and pursues other dreams until she meets a high school student with raw running talent. She's thrown back into the world of running and has to meet those feelings and heart ache she has never fully faced when she could no longer do the thing that kept her passionate about life and God.

I loved how the supporting characters also had their own hopes that they were chasing and how all the characters' lives were entwined with each other; my own choices could and do impact others lives! I also loved the little Bible study insights on Moses and the Children of Israel.

A major lesson throughout the book is never assume. Assuming only hurts.


**I received a copy of this book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment